Bus Ticket do'nt enroll you to Touch Me


posted by IDemandMyHonor on

No comments

This is not something that happens with any particular person but something that happens daily, innumerable times to all the girls/women. With 'I' I represent a common voice that demands certain level of humanity and moral from the men.

It doesn't occur just once but many times. I go to work and I can't afford to buy me a personal means of transport. I board the DTC bus that is my helplessness and I am compelled. I did the same when I was in college. That was the first time I boarded the bus alone. The trauma had started since then only. But I am compelled to do so for monetary issues. 

Many times, I have felt people trying to press against me in the crowded buses intentionally. I have felt hands against my body. Even if I get seated, people guys lean forward and it is quiet embarrassing. A certain times, I have rebelled but how many times I have to make them aware of such things? 

I heard people talking that it is because of the how girls dress these days. I will contradict them as I wear decent clothes but that has not stopped them. I curse them but has it helped till yet? Does buying the bus ticket enroll them to touch me deliberately? 

What can be done to put a stop at this? When will men learn? Do we need to have separate buses for our safety? Should government give it a thought? I think yes, we need it. We need it to get rid of this ugly habit of men, to be safe, to feel free while travelling in DTC buses.

Leave a Reply

Plz do not advertise with your comments. This is for a social cause. Pay some respect!